Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Feel Your Feet - Hear Your Breath

We’re all on overload with information on how to be mindful. Sometimes I spend more time reading about how to be present than I do applying the principles I’ve learned.

Trying really hard to be present is almost an oxymoron – the two activities cancel each other out, and we’ve overcomplicated a very simple concept.

If you want to be fully present in any given moment, try this:

Feel your feet.

Hear your breath.

As you’re embracing these two simple actions, ask yourself these questions:

* Where are my feet? How can I be more truly “in” my feet? (Try imagining an X at the bottom of each foot, and then aim to press down through all four corners.)

* How is my breath? Can I deepen my inhales, lengthen my exhales, and notice the sound of air passing in and out of my nose?

* Can I feel my breath in my feet?

Ask these questions as often as you can. This will bring you solidly into your body, which then helps you be fully present to yourself, to the moment, and to the person or activity you are with.

Feel your feet.

Hear your breath.


It’s that simple.

3 comments:

  1. Introducing the Joint Support Knee Pads - supports your thighs and calves, reducing the pressure on your knees. Featuring revolutionary spring loaded technology, it supports both legs firmly, giving your knees the extra support they need.
    If you experience knee pain, or simply need an extra boost when bending your knees, look no further. GENIUSPOWER™ relieves up to 70 lbs of joint pressure, reduces stress on knee ligaments, and provides stronger lifting power allowing you to work and play easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbal Supplement for Hydrocele is based on the notion that supplements give the finest Hydrocele Hydration. If you have both a hernia and a hydrocele, you should be very careful to stay hydrated. Celdeton, Hydrocele will be relieved, and It will slow the growth of the hydrocele with the use of ice cubes. Herbal Supplement for Hydrocele makes you feel lighter and reduces the weight and pain in your hydrocele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, this condition can lead to much more severe complications if left untreated, so choosing the right herbal supplement that effectively treats the condition should be your priority. A herbal supplement such as one containing herbs that help relax muscles could be a great way to help reduce this spasm and aid with swallowing difficulty. These herbs are usually combined into one product, making it easy to find an effective herbal supplement for Achalasia.

    ReplyDelete